Moving to Newcastle
With affordable housing, acres of green space and a flourishing job market, it’s easy to see why Newcastle is fast becoming one of the best places to live in the UK. If you’ve been thinking about making a move, these are our top five reasons why ‘life is alreet in the toon!’
1. Friendly and affordable: Newcastle has been consistently voted as one of the friendliest cities in the UK and has some of the lowest living costs.
2. Travelling out is easy: Good rail links provide easy travel from Newcastle to London and Edinburgh. You can also get to the coast and beautiful local countryside quickly too.
3. Vibrant cultural life: Newcastle has a thriving cultural scene including galleries and museums. The Tate Modern Gallery of the North is home to an astonishing art collection, as well regular exhibitions from renowned artists. The city is also a gastronomic melting pot, offering world-class dining from around the world.
4. Beautiful surroundings: The architecture is amazing. The city centre mixes Georgian, Victorian, and postmodernist buildings, and stunning bridges crisscross the city.
5. Green space: Newcastle has plenty of outside space, including allotments, and central city parks which are bigger than London’s Hyde Park and Hampstead Heath.
Making the Move
If you’re thinking of relocating to the toon, the first step will be looking for your new dream home. Newcastle offers some of the most affordable housing in the country, particularly for first time buyers, so there are plenty of options to choose from. When it comes to moving, hiring a reliable and professionally trained removals company will give you the edge in making the process as straightforward as possible.
Coast Removals can offer specialist local knowledge and a complete service, including helping you pack up your old home. We also offer temporary storage options. With your property and removals experts arranged, you can prepare to enjoy everything that this amazing city has to offer.