Top Tips to get your Home Ready for Spring
Spring is on the way and the days are getting longer and lighter! Discover our top tips to get your home ready for spring.
- Spring Clean: Giving the house a good spring clean is great exercise and it will help reduce dust in your home, which can trigger asthma and allergies. Remember to also disinfect your door handles and light switches.
- Launder bulky items: Now that the weather is improving and drying outdoors is possible again, this is the best time to wash bulky items such as duvets and curtains, leaving them to dry in the sunshine. Let the sun’s UV rays disinfect and sanitise your fabrics as they dry.
- Clean windows: Cleaning your windows both inside and out will ensure maximum sunlight and vitamin D can flow into your home. This is a fantastic job for a cloudy day, so keep an eye on the weather forecast to achieve the best streak-free finish.
- Add fresh flowers to your space: Fresh spring flowers such as Daffodils or Tulips are an inexpensive way to add a pop of uplifting spring colours to your kitchen or dining table. Go the extra mile by also adding a spring wreath to your front door.
- Reset your garden: Outdoor spaces can be neglected over the colder months, so now is the time to clear away dead leaves, tidy up flower beds and start sowing seeds ready for planting at the start of summer.
- Declutter: The mood-boosting effects of decluttering are well documented, and a clutter-free space will help improve your focus and productivity. This step is especially important if you are thinking of moving home soon – a good declutter will make the task of packing and moving much easier.